Back From a Couple Months Interlude (#619)

Last day of 2016.  Time to wrap up the old year?  For me, not quite yet.

I dropped out of my blog for a couple of months to help care for a family member stricken with a devastating disease.  With the worst behind us, my daughter Amber is rallying heroically and I can now begin to get back to my simple pleasures.

So starting in the new year I am going to continue with sharing photos and memories from my California to Ohio trip.

I hope you all have some dearly cherished memories of the old year and….

here’s wishing you a most wonderfully healthy and happy new year filled with laughter and gratitude ~

oxo ~  Annie

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Back From a Couple Months Interlude (#619)

1. Melissa A HalpernRojas says:

welcome back. you were missed. glad your daughter is well. you are a lady who is living out all my fantasies. thanks for the sharing, and taking me along on your journey. happy 2017. melissa

2. Having a sick loved one is so hard. I’m glad for you that your daughter is rallying well, and that you were able to be there for her.
    Dealing reasonably well with a potentially devastating disease myself this past year, please let me know if I can help or lend support in any way. Sarah

3. Alice says:

Hi Annie. I’m sorry to hear Amber had a tough spell – glad she’s on the mend. You’re a good mom to hustle across the country to her side. But it doesn’t surprise me. You’re a beautiful lady.

4. Connie T says:

I was so worried about you not blogging for a long time. I am glad you are OK. I am sorry to hear your daughter was ill. Wish her well for me. Happy New Year.

5. Cee Neuner says:

I am so glad your daughter is better. Sending you and her a lot of qi and fun and joy for 2017. Sounds like you can all use it. 😀 😀

6. Amber says:

Best. Mother. Ever. She was my strength when I was too weak to even walk. My cook when I could only have liquids for weeks. She logged countless hours of research looking for ways to manage this disease(uc) through diet, natural supplements, and acupressure. She kept the household running and the 4 pups perfectly cared for when, for weeks, all I could do was lie on the couch or was stuck in the hospital for 8 days. She put her life on hold to selflessly care for me and my family. I am especially thankful for her round the clock healing energy and that of her friends and the many prayers set my way. My case was labeled severe, but I’m healing rapidly and that is thanks to Mom and her wonderful group of friends. I am filled with gratitude beyond words. Here Comes The Sun ❤

• Wow. Amber, what a beautiful tribute to your mother, and yes you are lucky to have a mom who can and is willing to do all this. My mom’s been gone for years now, but she would have done the same if she’d been here and well. My husband jumped in with the same kind of care you described from Annie. Something else to be deeply grateful for. Keep on healing, love Sarah

• Tears of joy! Tesrs of joy!

7. nomaggsrush says:

So glad you’re back – I was quite concerned for a while there. All the best for a continued recovery to Amber. I’m hoping we’ll get a date for my daughter’s second back operation soon as my travelling more than 100 miles is curtailed until her severe problems are sorted. Happy and safe travelling in 2017 Annie!