Last Day Of A Long Year Musings (#524)

This time last year I was ending a month long sojourn at a New Mexico hot springs park.  Heading for south Texas to work as a golf course marshall, then Florida to work at the Strawberry Festival and on to reservationist in the Catskill mountains of New York.

None of it was planned.

In the summer months I helped my daughter and her family sell off, give away and pack up their remaining treasures in a move from Pennsylvania to Ohio where my youngest granddaughter is now attending college.

Late summer found me streaming across the interstates to California to a couple of RV parks where I have worked on and off since 2007 when I first started as a full time RVer and workamper.

No part of it was planned.

Opportunities and timing were just right for me to diversify my talents.  So besides working as a reservationist/store clerk in a sweet little beach store, I have put my massage therapist training to good use by setting up a massage studio in the park.  Repeat clients and park guests now avail themselves of affordable onsite massages.

I have also started writing a guide book about the Mendocino Coast.

None of this was ever planned.  But it was on my mind for a very long time.

To do all this, I made a personal year long commitment to stay in one place.  It is possibly the hardest thing I have ever decided to do since starting my nomad life.

The new year will show if I am up to the challenge.

2015 parting pics of life on the beach:

Lagoon Log Meets Open Ocean

Lagoon Log Meets Open Ocean

The river makes its way to the sea

The river makes its way to the sea

Surfer Rides the Waves

Surfer Rides the Waves

Mama-to-Be Photo Shoot

Mama-to-Be Photo Shoot

Dog Running Free

Dog Running Free

Little BuffleHead Duck Swims in the Quiet Lagoon

Little BuffleHead Swims in the Quiet Lagoon

Happy, Happy, Happy New Year to all my dear family, friends, and followers.  You are my heart.

Forever Grateful,

Annie

BuffleHead Encore. Tada!

BuffleHead Encore. Tada!

13 Responses to Last Day Of A Long Year Musings (#524)

great pictures – I feel the sense that you are anxious to be moving on….Safe travels my friend.

2. Cee Neuner says:

Happy New New Annie. Sounds like your life is as it should be 😀

3. Sandy Pickard says:

Hope you have a great year in 2016. Where are you setting roots?

• A blessed and joyful new year to you, Sandy! Still here in California. Spending April in Oregon then back to the California coast for the summer job. Hope all is well with you.
      I almost accepted a job in Cody……almost.

4. nomaggsrush says:

Great beach photos! Happy New Year and new you Annie, good luck with your new ventures. x

5. Great photos, and a wonderful, rich life full of trust in your path, and unexpected opportunities. Curious to see how settling somewhere will feel, but this sounds like it too has its own rightness and timing.

• Figured it out, Sarah. Caspar has a sister park 25 miles north that I will work at again this summer. That and a months sojourn in Oregon will satisfy my wanderering star……..for a bit.

6. Cassie says:

Good to hear from you Ann. Loved your pictures. Good luck with staying in one place! I envy your traveling the country and seeing new things and meeting new people. God Bless. Cassie

7. Sandy Pickard says:

Once again Annie I was hoping to see you. We might be headed to Q in the spring for a month while Bob gets his dental work done in Mexico. I sure miss RV-ing. Safe travels dear friend!