Taking Flight; One By Land, Seven By Air (#388)

One day ~ Texas; the next day ~ Louisiana.  En route to Florida.

My flight is by land via a busy but exceptionally good road: Interstate 10.

The flights of these birds are (mostly) in the air.  Except for the darling one seemingly running on water.

Some are quite clear.  Some might seem a bit blurred….ehh…. those are from my Impressonist period 😉

Caracara midflight

Caracara in the blue yonder

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Alighting on a Branch

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Falcon and Caracara

The art of running on water

The art of running on water

Ode to Birds Haiku

I fly in the sky

Freedom soaring on my wings

From dreams ~ to ~ being

Blue Heron taking flight

Blue Heron rising from Laguna Madre

Snipe in Flight

Snipe flight

Ever Grateful ~  Annie

And here is one for fun 😉

Downward Dog, Bird-style

16 Responses to Taking Flight; One By Land, Seven By Air (#388)

wonderful pictures Anne. Really great shots! Thanks

2. Patti Kuche says:

What a fabulous collection of birdlife Annie, love the hummingbird’s dexterity. Wishing you safe travels to Florida!

3. nomaggsrush says:

I love the one running on water too. What are you going to be getting up to in Florida?

4. Connie T says:

The yellow bird is a pretty color. Nice pictures.

5. Leya says:

Great shots! The birds of prey are perfect on landing! That yellow – last one – is truly well captured in his gymnastics.

6. Alice says:

Hi Annie! I’m behind in reading your blog because of the never-ending floor project and homeschooling my granddaughter – but want you to know I never tire of hearing about your free spirited adventures and seeing your inspired photos. You’re my hero! Lots of love from a PA just emerging from the deep freeze. My crocuses ( croci?) are just starting to peek up.

7. Valarie yank says:

Love your adventures Annie. These pictures are great. Also just read about the
    Strawberry Festival adventures. What a kick. I’m glad I was a part of one of your adventures. Westport misses you. Must say I too live vicariously through this blog. You are living the life. George and Tracy are at myrtle beach north carolina. Wouldn’t that be funny if you guys were at the same place😊